Travel Insurance for overseas property owners

If you’re regularly travelling to visit a holiday home or returning to your home country throughout the year, you’ll need to make sure you have travel insurance in place. Many people wrongly assume that if they have an EHIC card (see healthcare insurance) that they will not require travel insurance as well, however, travel insurance usually covers much more including*:

  • Delays
  • Cancellation or curtailment
  • Lost or stolen baggage or belongings
  • Personal liability
  • Medical costs (not covered by EHIC) and repatriation

*All travel insurance policies vary, so these are an indication only of what is often covered. You should check your policy to be certain of what it covers.

Get a travel insurance quote!

For more information about travel insurance you can use the relevant links above. Or if you’d like to speak to someone, call us on 01244 478 911 or email

You may also be interested in…

Home insurance when buying a property abroad

Article published: August 1, 2019